“I’m confused about what will happen if I turn off iCloud library. Will I lose all my photos? How can I turn off iCloud library without losing photos?”
iCloud Photo Library offers a new method to manage and securely save your photos in iCloud. All your photos will be synced to iCloud. You are able to view your photos in any of your devices. But these iCloud photos would occupy much space of your free iCloud storage. Then you may hope to turn off iCloud Photo Library. But some people may worry about these photos on iPhone when turning off iCloud Photo Library. In this article, we will show you some methods to turn off iCloud Photo Library without deleting photos on iPhone.
How to Turn off iCloud Photo Library without Deleting Photos on iPhone
To turn off iCloud photo library, you just need to go to Settings> Your Name> iCloud> Photos> iCloud Photo Library” to switch it off. Then it will pop up the option to ask you Remove from iPhone or Download Photos & Video, tap on Download Photos & Video. Then it will download everything in iCloud Photo Library to your local iPhone storage. Please remember to leave adequate storage space in your iPhone to make the download success.
How to Turn off iCloud Photo Library without Deleting Photos on Mac
If you are Mac users and you’ve already been storing all of photos on Mac, follow below steps to do it.
1.Hop into Photos on your Mac, select Photos, hit Preferences and then click on the iCloud tab.
2.Make sure the iCloud Photo Library and the Download Originals to this Mac are selected, then all your photos will appear on your Mac.
Alternatively, if you previously had Optimize Mac Store selected, you'll need to make changes:
1.Uncheck Optimize Mac Store, and select Download Originals to this Mac, then wait for the procedure to complete.
2.Once everything is synced, uncheck iCloud Photo Library in preferences to finish.
Note: It is highly suggested that make a backup of your iPhone photos first before you turning off iCloud Photo Library on iPhone or Mac. By the way, you could choose to export photos from iCloud.
Whether you need to export photos from iPhone or from iCloud, here we will provide you an all-in-one solutions to do it with iRefone
. This tool enables to backup all data in your iOS device including messages, notes, contacts, photos, whatsapp, wechat and more. It allow you to make the backup selectively as you could preview these data in the software before backup.
How to Backup Photos with iRefone
1. Run iRefone and connect your iPhone with computer. The software will detect your device while you connected it. Click on “Start” to continue.
2. Then the program will ask you choose the data you want to scan in iPhone, click “Photo” icon and it will automatically start scanning and analysis your iPhone.
3. When the scanning is finished, all of the photos will be displayed in the software. Preview and select the photos you need to transfer from iPhone to computer, click “Recover to PC”
How to Export Photos from iCloud with iRefone
1. Choose “Recover from iCloud Backup” as recovery mode. Then you will see the interface below. Log in to iCloud account with Apple ID and password.
2. After log into iCloud account, the program can find all iCloud backup backup files in your iCloud account. Choose one iCloud backup you need to recover data and click “Download” to start the download of your iCloud backup.
3. When the downloading is finished, it will ask you choose the data you want to preview, just choose photos that you need to retrieve.
4. Preview these photos in the software and choose these one you need to recover to PC.